Thursday 26 February 2015

Writing CV

I have been earning at least part of my living by writing for about three decades. I have written for Euromonitor, Keynote, Pira and a host of companies, trade associations and government bodies.


Over the years, I have published work on a wide variety of subjects, including:

·         Research summaries for sales support
·         Employment issues in the legal profession
·         Gambling
·         Government responses to peoples' debt problems
·         Complaint handling

I have written polemical leaflets for political groups, confidential market reports to guide top executives, industry standard guides to the print industry and novels. I have also re-written other people's work for publication by Pira and sub-edited a publication for the National Consumer Council.

My book on complaint handling (Dealing with Customer Complaints) was published by Gower in 1996. I now write historical novels published by Accent Press.

I have been published in magazines, paperback and hardback. My voice is readily adaptable to the tone clients require and I am happy to modify my style in the light of feedback.

Selected publications
“Fortress Throngard” Warlock Issue 9 (1986)
“Temple of the Pharaoh” Warlock Issue 13 (1986)
“Market research for lawyers” Law Society Gazette 30 Oct 1991
Dealing with Customer Complaints Gower (1996)
"Welcome the moaners" Carpet & Floorcoverings Review 20 Sept 1996
"Any complaints?" Municipal Journal 30 Aug 1996
"Internal Complaints Procedures: A Suitable Case for Treatment?" The Ombudsman 1997
"Calming a storm" Chemist & Druggist 11 Jan 1997
"The image of a solicitor" New Law Journal 1999
Evaluating Customer Magazine Effectiveness, Association of Publishing Agencies: London (2001)
Developments in the UK Print Market Pira International: Leatherhead (2007)
Carol Goldstone Associates (2008) Research Into Childcare Provision In West Berkshire West Berkshire Council.
(With Tamara Goriely) Complaints About Insurance: a look at the figures Association of British Insurers: London (1998)
(With Tamara Goriely) "A question of numbers: managing complaints against rising expectations" in Harris & Partington (eds) Administrative Justice in the 21st Century.  Hart: Oxford (1999)


No comments:

Post a Comment